QDBM and transactions

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Oct 31 23:50:10 CET 2004

Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> writes:

> BTW: Nobody has commented to my migration program. I used it to migrate
> my 27 MB Depot database to a 7 MB Villa database with the same content.
> It worked and is quicker now. Oh, and the hard disc is _much_ quieter
> during Bogofilter activities with Villa in contrast to Depot.

I am just going to try it now that I've polished it and added some
missing error checks (when handling anything that is valuable, remember
to check the *close() methods return values which is the last chance of
the database engine to report trouble, and sometimes the most reliable,
for instance if vlclose() includes fsync() or similar.)