QDBM and transactions

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Sun Oct 31 23:27:38 CET 2004

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> writes:

> > All right, attached is the patch.
> >
> > When releasing it, there should be a note in the ReadMes that
> > whoever uses QDBM, should do the following *before* upgrading:

> So this is just the API switch that makes the incompatible switch from
> Hash to B+ trees, right? For I haven't seen transaction stuff anywhere
> in that patch.

Yes, that's right. I added transaction using the Villa API as well, but
it didn't work all the time. I will have to investigate this when I
have a little more time left. But if we try to use transactions with
QDBM we have to use Villa anyway. And if we consider removing QDBM
support all together, then we can as well change the API.

BTW: Nobody has commented to my migration program. I used it to migrate
my 27 MB Depot database to a 7 MB Villa database with the same content.
It worked and is quicker now. Oh, and the hard disc is _much_ quieter
during Bogofilter activities with Villa in contrast to Depot.

--
Stefan Bellon