0.93 and 1.0

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Oct 17 17:09:30 CEST 2004

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 02:29:11 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 02:00:48 +0200
> > Matthias Andree wrote:
> >
> > ....[snip]...
> >

> >> Observing the whole issue a bit broader, word.[ch] pretty much
> >> resembles the C++ standard library's "string" class. Using that
> >would> save us a lot of hassle, but I'd suggest that C++ is a
> >post-1.0 issue.
> >
> > Speaking of 1.0, what are your thoughts on my proposal to promote
> > the TXN code to HEAD and release 0.93?
>
> I'd shared your thoughts but hadn't gotten around to fix up the
> documentation and add the missing "auto-resize" code that will kick in
> when bogoutil -d runs out of lock table entries. This is still manual.

Matthias,

When do you think this will happen?  Back in April, we announced the
0.9x series of bogofilter releases, culminating with TXN in 0.93 in
June and a 1.0 release candidate not long after that.

AFAICT, bogofilter itself has been working well enough for a 1.0 for a
long time.  Infrastructure issues, esp Berkeley DB, have been delaying
the 1.0 release for long enough.  Let's finish the infrastructure work
so we can roll out 1.0 !