command line options

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Mon Jan 19 16:35:42 CET 2004

David Relson wrote:

>> We could save some of the latter, though, for example:
>> -k, -m, -o, -y
>
> As of two days ago, bogofilter had command line switches (single
> characters, some with values) and config file options (multi-char names,
> all with values).  Some switches have equivalent options.
>
> Adding "--option=value" made it possible to use any of the config file
> options on the command line.  No changes have been made to allow
> switches in the config file.
>
> Of the switches you mention, "-m" and "-o" are (I think) quite useful
> while "-k" and "-y" are (I think) of little use.  Of course other users
> have different priorities than I, so let's just leave them as they are.

I agree they are useful, but they are for use in scripts
basically. They can be "expanded" to the config file
options. This will increase readability of the scripts (and
of course some work to do the change for eveybody), but
since we are cleaning the house, it seems the right time to
consider this change, they are no longer needed by the new
options.

pi