cvs notifications

Clint Adams schizo at debian.org
Thu Jan 23 13:50:21 CET 2003

> As a project admin I gave Eric developer privileges which allows him to do
> cvs commits.  I assumed that the act of committing code would automatically
> send the notice to bogofilter-cvs (without regard to who did the
> commit)?  Need I (can I) add hime to the list?  Does he need to do it
> himself?  How does it all work?

loginfo contains the following lines:

CVSROOT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail %{sVv} adrian_otto at users.sourceforge.net
DEFAULT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail -u %{sVv} bogofilter-cvs at lists.sourceforge.net

So every time there is a commit, syncmail emails the log and changes to
bogofilter-cvs at lists.sourceforge.net, with a From: address of
<username>@users.sourceforge.net.

bogofilter-cvs at lists.sourceforge.net is a Mailman list, which, for some
reason, has been configured to only allow posts from subscribers.
Therefore, if you are subscribed to bogofilter-cvs at l.s.n from another
address, you'll receive all the commit messages from David and Matthias
and so on, but not from yourself unless you also subscribe your
@lists.sourceforge.net address to the list.  You can mark this address
nomail so you don't get two copies of the list.  This is equivalent to
what you have to do to appease ezmlm if you want to post from a
different address than from which you are subscribed.

Adrian, as list moderator, probably has a few commit messages waiting in
the queue for disposition.