bogofilter-bugs mailing list?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Nov 8 11:42:33 CET 2002

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002, David Relson wrote:

> >i don't see a reason for a new mailing list, though.  shouldn't
> >we just use bogofilter-dev?
>
> You did?  I don't recall being asked about a new mailing list.  Whatever
> happened, happened.
>
> A quick check shows that SourceForge allows us (bogofilter admins) to
> create whatever lists we want with names of the form
> projectname-listname at lists.sourceforge.net.  I'll poke around and see what
> I can learn.

Personally, I don't care, I already fold bogofilter's cvs notifications
into the same folder as bogofilter-dev, and enforce a common destination
address regardless of which list we had (Gnus is great).

However, the "mailing list" idea behind bugs was nothing short of having
easy administration; but I'm not sure where the original notifications
originate from (sender e-mail address wise), so bogofilter-dev might
just reject those postings; OTOH, we probably don't want anything else
on that list, and although I usually object to "Reply-To:" munging, in
this case, I'd support "read-only list" and "Reply-To:
bogofilter-dev at aotto.com" to redirect discussions where they are now.

And keep in mind sourceforge lists add big advertising footers.
aotto.com lists don't, and I like that ad-free mail. We cannot seriously
develop anti-UCE software and use sponsored and ad-loaden mailing lists,
can we? :-)