UI for correcting mistakes

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Mar 14 00:50:39 CET 2003

At 06:05 PM 3/13/03, elijah wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Todd Underwood wrote:
> > ... SNIP ...
> > in either case, you have to tag spam with headers
> > and allow clients to filter it into a separate inbox.  as long as you
> > tag *all* messages somehow (perhaps simliar to the mailing list
> > instruction headers) this method gives the perfect mechanism for
> > catching false positives and false negatives.
>
>yeah, i was just thinking that most users do now want the bodies of all
>their messages modified to provide the url, but would be happy if the body
>of a suspected spam is modified.
>
>-elijah

Elijah,

As Todd says, adding a header line is unobtrusive.  Bogofilter's
passthrough option ('-p') adds the X-Bogosity: line at the end of the
messsage header.  I don't think another line with a URL for
reclassification would bother people.  I suspect _every_ message would get
the URL line since you'd want to correct false positives _and_ false negatives.