UI for correcting mistakes

elijah elijah at riseup.net
Fri Mar 14 01:20:48 CET 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, David Relson wrote:

> As Todd says, adding a header line is unobtrusive.  Bogofilter's
> passthrough option ('-p') adds the X-Bogosity: line at the end of the
> messsage header.  I don't think another line with a URL for
> reclassification would bother people.  I suspect _every_ message would
> get the URL line since you'd want to correct false positives _and_ false
> negatives.

Aha! It did not occur to me to put the url just in the header. It would
not be visible, but I suppose most clients allow you to show all headers.
I wonder if they support clickable urls in the headers... I quick test
says that pine does, squirrelmail does not, mozilla does not. They all
support clickable _addresses_ however. I think you can easily make postfix
alias correct-<user>-<msgid>@domain.org to "| correction_script
<user> <msgid>" using the regexp aliasing. Not familar with other mtas.

-elijah