Use of Bogofilter under KMail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 01:31:26 CEST 2016

Am 20.10.2016 um 13:28 schrieb Maurice:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 22:48:01 +0200, Matthias Andree quoted my:
>
>>  1. "Bogofilter check": (pipe through 'bogofilter -p -e')
> That doesn't appear to be effective, e.g. it inserted:

> into an email that is rampant spam in the same league as many others!
>
> Does that filter setting look right!
>
>    (Still awaiting the first bogofilter 'kill'!)
>
> Regards,

Maurice,

allow me a few links into the FAQ.

As a first step, please get us the number of spam and ham messages
registered. See <https://www.bogofilter.org/faq.shtml#query-database>
and query the .MSG_COUNT "token" - and replace $BOGOFILTER_HOME by the
actual directory containing the word list.

You can also save a message to a file and run bogofilter manually from a
shell, with two or three "-v" options, to see what bogofilter thinks of
the words (tokens) in the message, explanation at
<https://www.bogofilter.org/faq.shtml#vvv>.

Regards,
Matthias