Migrating from SpamAssassin to Bogofilter

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 7 12:24:23 CEST 2013

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:52:35 -0700
Kip Warner wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 14:14 +0100, RW wrote:
> > To be fair the problems you reported ended-up being Evolution
> > plugin bugs.
>
> Kind of. It's at least a problem, or was a problem, with Evolution,
> but in my view, was also compounded with poor error control on
> spamc's part.

As was pointed-out to you, this is a well-documented, deliberate design
decision, not poor error control. The admin chooses whether, on failure,
the mail backs-up in the MTA or passes through without spam
classification.

Furthermore you eventually discovered yourself that Evolution was
invoking spamc with error codes turned-on.

> This latter view was controversial upstream, but many
> agreed.

No, three newly-registered people, who hadn't read the man page either,
agreed with you. It wasn't in the least bit controversial otherwise.

> In any case, I offered a patch.
>
>   <http://rod.gs/x1o>

And all that was actually committed was a minor modification to an error
message.