Are Bogon IP addresses uses for bogosity, and where are they kept?

Tweeks tweeks-junk2 at theweeks.org
Mon Oct 24 06:21:20 CEST 2011

Couple questions...

Q1) I just started using bogofilter on my Kmail install, and it's flagging
all mail coming from my mail server as spam. My server is not blacklisted
anywhere, but IS in an old bogon IP range (98.129) that was released for use
by the IANA some time back in 2006 (098/8)... and my fear is that my
server's x-bogon is still being flagged by bogofilter as a bogon.

If this is not the case, someone please show me where any bogon lists are
kept and how I can verify that my MTA's primary IP is not in such a list.

Q2) If I accidentally marked some HAM as spam.. how do I fix this? I can't
find any good tutorials or anything on using bogotune (if that's eaven the
right tool).

Thanks!

Tweeks