still problem in spam management

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Apr 8 13:34:13 CEST 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:34:26 +0200
Stéphane Guedon wrote:

> On Thursday 07 April 2011 23:16:25 RW wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 09:41:56 +0200
> >
> > Stéphane Guedon <stephane at 22decembre.eu> wrote:
> > > If in spam but without "___SPAM___" I tell it's really a spam...
> > > grep -L "___SPAM___" * | bogofilter -Ns -d /var/lib/bogofilter
> > >

> > > contrary on the ham boxes :
> > > grep -l "___SPAM___" * | bogofilter -Sn -d /var/lib/bogofilter
> > >
> > > The scripts are not mine, but sounds good !
> >
> > How do you prevent the mail being relearned every day? You can
> > delete the spam, but what about the ham?
>
> I will delete old spam when this problem would be solved...
>
> I didn't take that into account ! that's good ! but there's so few
> false positive I don't think it's really severe.
>
> So, ideas ?

I mail incorrectly classified messages to two special addresses on my
mail server.  On address is for messages that should have been
classified as ham and the other is for messages that should have been
classified as spam. On the mail server, a script checks the X-Bogosity
line, then trains bogofilter with the following flags:

 -Sn -- for false positives
 -Ns -- for false negatives
 -s  -- for unsures that are spam
 -n  -- for unsures that are ham