Moderator messages seen as spam

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 25 14:29:15 CEST 2010

On Friday 23 April 2010 22:42:08 Jonathan Kamens wrote:

> This seems straightforward to me, so you need to explain why you think
> it isn't so I can help you :-).

The problem that I saw at first is that the same header line will almost
certainly be in messages from the list-handler of all three lists.  However,
having had time to think, the solution is almost certainly three separate
procmail rules - each combining the X-List-Administrivia header with the List-
ID or some other list-specific header.

> Be careful about this.  I wouldn't put it past spammers to put a header
> like that in their spam, eh?  You should probably make the procmail rule
> to detect these messages slightly smarter.  You can specify multiple
> patterns for a rule by putting each one on its own line starting with *,
> and the rule will only apply if all of the patterns match.

Yes, that's going to be the answer, I think.  Now all I have to do is get
samples from all three lists - one I see every day, one fairly frequently and
the third one, rarely.  I'll create rules for each as they come up.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group