Moderator messages seen as spam

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.brookline.ma.us
Fri Apr 23 23:42:08 CEST 2010

>>> "I don't see how I can by-pass bogofilter and still have procmail deliver the mail to the correct folder - but I'll give it some thought."

This seems straightforward to me, so you need to explain why you think
it isn't so I can help you :-).

In a nutshell, put a rule before the rule that invokes bogofilter, doing
whatever pattern matching you want on the header, and indicating your
inbox as the delivery folder.  That is, put a delivery rule matching
to deliver it to, BEFORE the rule that calls bogofilter -e -p, and
matching messages will be delivered to the folder before bogofilter ever
sees them, and the bogofilter invocation will never be run by procmail
because it will consider the message already delivered.

>>> "I'd like to filter on a header content - "X-List-Administrivia: yes" which should solve the problem, but to work it would have to be in the bogofilter script."

Be careful about this.  I wouldn't put it past spammers to put a header
like that in their spam, eh?  You should probably make the procmail rule
to detect these messages slightly smarter.  You can specify multiple
patterns for a rule by putting each one on its own line starting with *,
and the rule will only apply if all of the patterns match.

   jik