Problems with these messages. See below

Tom Anderson tanderson at orderamidchaos.com
Fri Jan 30 21:25:38 CET 2009

Nigel Henry wrote:
>> http://orderamidchaos.com/bogofilter/spamitarium
>
> I'm currently running bogofilter 1.0.2 with Fedora Core 2 (ancient), but it's
> working ok. I've looked in /usr/local/bin, but non of the the stuff in
> contrib is there, spamitarium.pl for example.

You can download it from the above URL.

> Should I have run ./configure in some different way, so as to include the
> stuff in contrib?

Not really sure... I think it would depend on how you downloaded it and
if you used an OS-specific installer.  You should be able to download a
tarball from the Bogofilter website or Sourceforge which has everything.
  I don't think the default configure script copies any contrib programs
to typical path locations since they're not a part of the core program.
  You would probably have to do that manually.  Anyway, the version of
Spamitarium included in the most recent previous version didn't have the
blank header replacement functionality, AFAIR.  Best just to download it
from the above URL.

> I'm also directly downloading email to kmail (no procmail). Is it possible to
> use the spamitarium.pl script as a prefilter to bogofilter in Kmail, and if
> so, how do I set this up.

I'm not familiar with running filters client-side.  I wrote it intended
for mail server (MDA) use.  However, you could possibly do it by adding
it to a filter chain in Kmail before Bogofilter.  You would just have to
make sure to use the "w" flag to include the body in the output since it
only outputs the header by default.  Reading the documentation
("spamitarium -h" or "perldoc spamitarium") and playing with the flags
on a test email should get you comfortable with what kind of
transformations it does.

Tom