cannot filter virus letters

Dmitry vdb at mail.ru
Thu Jan 29 13:03:37 CET 2009

 On Суббота 24 января 2009, Tom Anderson wrote:
> Dmitry wrote:
> > After training with the command `bogofilter -s < virus-letter`
> > spamicity is still very low to be identified as spam. I repeat
> > training with similar letters (different subject, different document
> > name in the attachment), but nothing helps to stop this kind of spam.
> >
> > This is the output of the command `bogofilter -vvv`:

> > version=1.1.5 n    pgood     pbad      fw     U "document"
> >                2  0.021739  0.000065  0.007563 + "rcvd:lovepresent.ru"
> >                90  0.500000  0.004387  0.008798 +
>
> Looks like you've got too many friends over at lovepresent.ru!
>
> I prefer to do "exhaustive" training, which means to keep training the
> same spam over and over again until it classifies as spammy.  Then
> you'll be assured not to receive one too similar again.

Sorry, exhaustive training doesn't change anything in my case. Spamicity
value is still less than 0.52. Tuning robx/robs gives me strange results.
Some good letters become spammy after that. I think the algorithm has to
be changed somehow for small letters with a few words in the mesage body.
Otherwise, hammy headers always  get greater value and never let the
spamicity score to be high enough.

--
Dmitry