cannot filter virus letters

Tom Anderson tanderson at orderamidchaos.com
Sat Jan 24 05:08:03 CET 2009

Dmitry wrote:
> After training with the command `bogofilter -s < virus-letter` spamicity is
> still very low to be identified as spam. I repeat training with similar
> letters (different subject, different document name in the attachment),
> but nothing helps to stop this kind of spam.
>
> This is the output of the command `bogofilter -vvv`:

>                                         n    pgood     pbad      fw     U
>   "document"                            2  0.021739  0.000065  0.007563 +
>   "rcvd:lovepresent.ru"                90  0.500000  0.004387  0.008798 +

Looks like you've got too many friends over at lovepresent.ru!

I prefer to do "exhaustive" training, which means to keep training the
same spam over and over again until it classifies as spammy.  Then
you'll be assured not to receive one too similar again.

To accomplish this, I use the following program with the "x" option:
http://orderamidchaos.com/bogofilter/bfproxy

Tom