Same from and to

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jan 7 16:07:36 CET 2009

On Friday 05 December 2008 08:02:23 pm barsalou wrote:
> I've been getting a bunch of messages that have my email address
> and domain in the from and to fields.
>
> Is this an effort to confuse bogofilter?
>
> Bogofilter isn't currently blocking these, and I'm wondering if I
> train it to block these, then I won't get my regular mail.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this?
>
> If my memory serves, bogofilter does (or can) save headers as
> tokens...one question this raises is, does it tokenize the entire
> header or pieces within it?
>
> For example a 'received' header could have many servers that it
> goes through, does it tokenize each of these lines?
>
> Mike B.

I have a similar problem.  I already filter (with a Kmail filter) the
output of various newsgroups so that I can exempt them from any
policy that blocks my addresses.  I can also install a Kmail filter
at the bottom of the stack that blocks email from any of my
addresses, or else routes them into a special folder. But a simple
match comparison would work better. Perhaps I will do that at the
bottom of my stack of  Kmail filters, sending such mail to a special
folder as I do now for html bearing code.

--
John Culleton