trainbogo.sh tune

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Feb 16 22:43:37 CET 2009

Am 16.02.2009, 20:47 Uhr, schrieb Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru>:

> On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 20:41 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Am 16.02.2009, 19:52 Uhr, schrieb Vasiliy G Tolstov
>> <v.tolstov at selfip.ru>:
>>
>> > Hello! Today i'm switch from gentoo linux to freebsd and saw, that
>> > trainbogo.sh does not work bacouse md5sum not found, may bee best
>> > solution - use openssl to generate md5 hash?
>> >
>> > to generate md5 with openssl You must pass enc -e -base64 to openssl
>> > like this
>> > echo 'test' | openssl enc -e -base64
>> >
>> > simple patch to bogofilter-sqlite-1.1.7_1 (freebsd)
>>
>> Can you install sysutils/coreutils and retry? If that helps, I'll
>> simply
>> depend on that port/package so as to provide md5sum.
>
> But why? All *nix operating systems have openssl by default (openssh
> need them), i think much better to use openssl and not use md5sum...

Stability of interfaces. I've seen openssl change incompatibly before
where fetchmail depended on it, for extracting key finger prints, and some
systems may have gnutls instead.

My options are:
- depend on coreutils for FreeBSD (so we have md5sum)
- patch scripts for md5 (for FreeBSD, possible in the port)
- do nothing and let people deal with it (such as: install coreutils)

Best regards,