nan in bogofilter stats

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Apr 6 13:39:52 CEST 2009

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:45:10 +1030
Stephen Davies wrote:

> Over the past couple of weeks, I have had several recurrences of this
> phenomenon of the good count going to zero (bogofilter 1.2.0 and db
> 4.6).
>
> This is despite switching to transaction mode.
>
> How do you do your backups? Can one simply run bogoutil -d to do this?
>
> Why does the count go to zero?
>
> Cheers and thanks,
> Stephen

Hello Stephen,

For backup, I run "bogoutil -d" as a nightly cronjob and then keep a
week's worth of the resulting text files.  That provides extra security
in case something goes wrong while I'm off-site for a few days.

The count going to zero could be caused by database corruption that
resulted in the loss of the .MSG_COUNT token.  If "bogoutil -d" doesn't
show the end of the alphabet then your database got truncated.

HTH,