Zeroing out spam folder.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Sep 6 18:23:34 CEST 2008

I use bogofilter integrated with Kmail.

Every day my spam folder fills with properly trapped spam. Some of it
is trapped by bogofilter, and some is caught by me manually.

Once a week cron runs the following line:
10 4 * * 1 /usr/local/bin/bogofilter -sv -B
/home/safe/Mail/spam/cur>/dev/null

(It is really all one line.)

Now I am considering emptying out the spam folder and starting a new
collection. But when bogofilter runs  again on Monday morning will I
lose all the spam-finding benefits already accumulated from the
formerly identified spam items I just deleted? In other words is
emptying out the spam folder a safe action?

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters