re-training with -Ns and -Sn

Bill McClain wmcclain at watershade.net
Mon Oct 6 19:26:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 18:27:45 +0100 (BST)
"Bjorn Graabek" <bjorn at graabek.com> wrote:

>            I have realised that my bogofilter setup may not be quite
> right, am I doing something really awful here?
>
>  I use tri-state classification which, according to the man page, means
> that any emails classified as unsure are not used to train bogofilter (I
> use -u on all email). I move incorrectly classified emails into a "mark as
> bad", "mark as good" folder and I then run bogofilter with "bogofilter
> -Ns" and "bogofilter -Sn". That is fine with emails that were incorrectly
> classified, but what about those emails classified as "unsure"? As they
> weren't registered in the first place, they shouldn't be unregistered
> before they are correctly registered?

I don't unregister Unsure emails for that reason. But unless you have a huge
number of such, I don't think unregistering then will do much harm. It just
bumps the spam/ham counts one way or the other.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                              History of Astronomy
http://sattre-press.com/               During the 19th Century