Fighting bogus news spam

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Sun Jul 27 09:35:08 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 09:00:43PM +0100, John G Walker wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:45:36 +0200 "Sven Hoexter" <sven at timegate.de>
> wrote:
>
> > I currently see some of them in my unsure folder with a 0.9x rating.
>
> What?????
>
> I count anything with a spamicity of over 0.6 as spam. Why have you got
> your spam-cutoff set so high?

I delete everything else (0.98 and up) without a backup. And yes sometimes
people are able to end up in my unsure folder with a very high rating.
For me it works. If you backup spam it might be reasonable for you to
set a low cutoff value. All in all I think that's something of personal
preference and this is my private, works at home, setup.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world