bogofilter on remote host

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Sat Jan 5 22:12:11 CET 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 09:51:37PM +0100, cyph wrote:

Hi,

> I'm using bogofilter on a remote server to filter mails before they enter the
> user's Maildir. After retrieving the non-spam mails to my local machine via
> POP, I'd like to train the remote bogofilter with those messages classified
> as ham incorrectly. How could I do this?
>
> One idea was that the user could redirect incorrectly classified messages from
> his local machine to some special address "spam at domain.com" on the mail
> server, and configuring the mail server such that it pipes all messages
> arriving at this address through bogofilter -N -s.
>
> First question: Is there a more elegant solution to this? Does anyone have
> scripts etc for this purpose? On the mailserver, I'm using exim4 and
> procmail.

For the feed-by-mail solution there is a script called bfproxy somewhere
flowting around on the internet.
http://www.orderamidchaos.com/bogofilter/bfproxy

I personally prefer the IMAP approach with different folders. Since I
couldn't find a ready to use implementation or howto I've written up
some thoughts about it and created a sample implementation that works
here[tm].
http://sven.stormbind.net/project-laura/project-laura-techdoc.html

It's still missing some features and the webfrontend for the configuration
is not yet ready to use.

Sven
--
There's no need for tears, cause there's no need to cry.
That love that you leave will never be denied.