bogofilter on remote host

cyph cyph82 at web.de
Sat Jan 5 21:51:37 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm using bogofilter on a remote server to filter mails before they enter the
user's Maildir. After retrieving the non-spam mails to my local machine via
POP, I'd like to train the remote bogofilter with those messages classified
as ham incorrectly. How could I do this?

One idea was that the user could redirect incorrectly classified messages from
his local machine to some special address "spam at domain.com" on the mail
server, and configuring the mail server such that it pipes all messages
arriving at this address through bogofilter -N -s.

First question: Is there a more elegant solution to this? Does anyone have
scripts etc for this purpose? On the mailserver, I'm using exim4 and
procmail.

Second question: The redirected mail which will get piped through
bogofilter -N -s will have additional headers due to the redirection (like
Resent-From, Resent-To, Resent-Date, Resent-Message-ID), though the original
From, To, Subject headers remain unchanged. Does bogofilter care about these
new/additional headers? Is there a list anywhere, which headers are relevant
to bogofilter and which ones are ignored?

Thanks alot,
Rainer