bogofilter and thunderbird

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Aug 11 00:56:38 CEST 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:08:50 -0400
Mark Grieveson wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:15:00 +0200
> Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > > external programs.  Given this, and what is said in the Bogofilter
> > > faq, there must be a way to set up Icedove to work with
> > > Bogofilter.
> >
> > Short of hacking the Thunderbird source? I'm not so sure about
> > that...
>

> If it can't be done, I wonder why the bogofilter faq would claim that
> it can be done.  Surely the faq is not fibbing to us all.
>
> Mark

Hopefully not :->  Possibly it could have been true for an old version
of thunderbird and no longer be true.  I don't know and, since I don't
use thunderbird, it's not a major concern.  I bet that one could wrap
bogofilter in a shell-script (that thunderbird would find/run) that
converts bogofilter results so that thunderbird will accept them.