New version of bogofilter-milter.pl

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.brookline.ma.us
Wed Apr 30 14:02:41 CEST 2008

I've just posted a new version of bogofilter-milter.pl to
http://stuff.mit.edu/~jik/software/bogofilter-milter.  The new feature
added in this version is the ability to configure whether spam should
be rejected (i.e., an error code is sent back to the SMTP client) or
discarded (i.e., the client is told that the email was accepted, but
then it is thrown away rather than delivered).  The behavior can now
be configured not only on a global level, but also based on the IP
address, subnet, host name, domain name, or MX relationship of the
sending server.

The default configuration discards spam from MX servers of the
recipient's domain, to avoid contributing to the problem of spam
"blowback" caused by spammers who intentionally transmit their spam to
secondary MX servers.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments or
concerns.

Thanks,

  Jonathan Kamens

--