Filter breakers

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Apr 4 13:33:17 CEST 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:10:13 +0930
Stephen Davies wrote:

> G'day David.
>
> I hadn't checked the month total frequencies. I get:

...[snip]...

> When did headers start being included? Probably the bulk of my
> database is several years old. Do you think something like bogoutil
> -m wordlist.db -a 20050101 or bogoutil -m wordlist.db -c 500 might
> help?
>
> Cheers and thanks,
> Stephen

Header tagging was implemented about 5 years ago.  Do you, per chance,
have it disabled via the "-H" flag?

Personally, I use tristate classification and database autoupdating
( "-u" flag).  This involves additional care and overhead because it's
important to correct classification errors (because one error can lead
to additional errors if not corrected).  I also filter messages
classified "Unsure" to a special folder so they can be registered
appropriately (as ham or spam).

Another idea is to take a day's incoming messages and register them
all.  As the "head:Apr" token will be in all the ham and spam,
this will neutralize the token.  Repeating this exercise once
per month will neutralize all the month tokens.

Regards,