procmail: Non-zero exitcode (1) from "/usr/bin/bogofilter"

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Sep 13 03:50:33 CEST 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:45:05 -0400
dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:

...[snip]...

> Ok,
> Lots of good info here, ls -lh wordlist.db shows 38 m,
> bogoutil -d wordlist.db > wordlist.txt then ls -lh wordlist.txt shows
> 18m.
>
> bogoutil -d /.../wordlist.db | tail shows:
> zzysbyj6 1 0 20070912
> zzyzhtPffLXY3 1 0 20070912
> zzz-tt-yy 4 0 20070912
> zzz0Cr5 1 0 20070912
> zzzTjnjC 1 0 20070912
> zzziWz7PPPQAct9NBE3 0 1 20070305
> zzzs 14 0 20070325
> zzzz 0 1 20070806
> zzzz.cwk 0 1 20070504
> z~t 0 1 20070518
> So it is the end of the alphabet.  Since I have no idea what
> transactions are, chances are Im not running them.  What is b0rked?
> I'll look through the faq in the morning.
>
> thanks,
> ddh

That all looks good.  Try using bogofilter's verbose modes
(described in FAQ) of "-vv" or "-vvv" with some messages to learn more
about the actual scores for tokens in sample messages (notably ones
that appear to be scored incorrectly).  The numbers will help you
understand what's leading bogofilter to the scores it's producing.
Also, a simple "-v" will show the "X-Bogosity:  Spam/Ham/Unsure
spamicity=0.xyzw" scoring line.

BCNU,

David

P.S.  b0rked means broken