procmail: Non-zero exitcode (1) from "/usr/bin/bogofilter"

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Thu Sep 13 03:45:05 CEST 2007

Quoting David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com>:

> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:15:02 -0400
> dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:
>
>> Quoting David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com>:

>> > Hi Dwayne,
>> >
>> > Version 1.1.3 is somewhat old, but that's not related to the
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > FWIW, the exit codes are defined (in common.h) as:
>> >    RC_SPAM	= 0,
>> >    RC_HAM	= 1,
>> >    RC_UNSURE	= 2,
>> >
>> > Does your installation depend on a procmail recipe testing for
>> >
>> > Have you manually tested bogofilter, i.e.
>> >
>> >    bogofilter -e -p < msg.ham.txt
>> >    bogofilter -e -p < msg.spam.txt
>> >
>> > One possibility is that your wordlist has become b0rked.  Has it's
>> > size (in MB) changed (perchance)?  Have you tried getting a
>> > wordcount, i.e. "bogoutil -d /PATH_TO_WORDLIST/wordlist.db | wc
>> > -l", and is it a reasonably (large) number?
>> >
>> > HTH,
>> >
>> > David
>> >
>> > David
>> >

>> David,
>> bogoutil -d /PATH_TO_WORDLIST/wordlist.db | wc -l shows 690546.  My
>> original wordlist.txt that started my training from some years ago,
>> scores 0 with bogofilter -e -p < wordlist.txt.  I do use a procmail
>> script it hasnt changed in quite a while:
>> # send through bogofilter
>> :0HB:
>> * ? bogofilter  -l
>> /opt/bogofilter-spam/bogofilter-spam.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> ddh
>
> Dwayne,
>
> 690546 is a reasonable number, though perhaps a bit low.
>
> Running "bogoutil -d /.../wordlist.db | tail" will print the last few
> words (alphabetically).  You should see words at the end of the
> alphabet (or possibly utf-8 encoded asian language text).  If you see
> mid-alphabet, that would be a sign that of b0rkedness.
>
> What's the size of the database, i.e. "ls -lh /.../wordlist.db" and, if
> you run "bogoutil -d .../wordlist.db > wordlist.txt" and "ls -l
> wordlist.txt" what are those sizes.  If memory serves, wordlist.db can
> legitimately be double the size of the text size.  A much bigger ratio
> than 2 indicates that bogoutil couldn't read the full wordlist.
>
> Also, the FAQ has some info on recovering a b0rked wordlist.
>
> Lastly, are you using transactions?  They help maintain database
> integrity.
>
> David

Ok,
Lots of good info here, ls -lh wordlist.db shows 38 m,
bogoutil -d wordlist.db > wordlist.txt then ls -lh wordlist.txt shows 18m.

bogoutil -d /.../wordlist.db | tail shows:
zzysbyj6 1 0 20070912
zzyzhtPffLXY3 1 0 20070912
zzz-tt-yy 4 0 20070912
zzz0Cr5 1 0 20070912
zzzTjnjC 1 0 20070912
zzziWz7PPPQAct9NBE3 0 1 20070305
zzzs 14 0 20070325
zzzz 0 1 20070806
zzzz.cwk 0 1 20070504
z~t 0 1 20070518
So it is the end of the alphabet.  Since I have no idea what
transactions are, chances are Im not running them.  What is b0rked?
I'll look through the faq in the morning.

thanks,
ddh