procmail: Non-zero exitcode (1) from "/usr/bin/bogofilter"

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Thu Sep 13 03:15:02 CEST 2007

Quoting David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com>:

> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:43:39 -0400
> dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:
>
>> My bogofilter went south again.  I am getting procmail: Non-zero
>> exitcode (1) from "/usr/bin/bogofilter"
>>
>> from procmail for every email.  This started happening on Monday,
>> and I just noticed.  Nothing is getting classified as spam.  Ive had
>> and fixed this problem before, but cant find my notes about bogoutil
>> and checking my spam vs. ham.  Any bogofilter gurus out there that
>> can point me the right way would be great.  Im running:
>> bogofilter version 1.1.3
>>      Database: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September
>> 12, 2006) AUTO-XA
>> Copyright (C) 2002-2006 David Relson, Matthias Andree, Greg Louis
>> Copyright (C) 2002-2003 Eric S. Raymond, Adrian Otto, Gyepi Sam.
>>

>> thanks,
>>
>> ddh
>>
>> --
>> Dwayne Hottinger
>> Network Administrator
>> Harrisonburg City Public Schools
>
> Hi Dwayne,
>
> Version 1.1.3 is somewhat old, but that's not related to the problem.
>
> FWIW, the exit codes are defined (in common.h) as:
>    RC_SPAM	= 0,
>    RC_HAM	= 1,
>    RC_UNSURE	= 2,
>
> Does your installation depend on a procmail recipe testing for
>
> Have you manually tested bogofilter, i.e.
>
>    bogofilter -e -p < msg.ham.txt
>    bogofilter -e -p < msg.spam.txt
>
> One possibility is that your wordlist has become b0rked.  Has it's size
> (in MB) changed (perchance)?  Have you tried getting a wordcount, i.e.
> "bogoutil -d /PATH_TO_WORDLIST/wordlist.db | wc -l", and is it a
> reasonably (large) number?
>
> HTH,
>
> David
>
> David

David,
bogoutil -d /PATH_TO_WORDLIST/wordlist.db | wc -l shows 690546.  My
original wordlist.txt that started my training from some years ago,
scores 0 with bogofilter -e -p < wordlist.txt.  I do use a procmail
script it hasnt changed in quite a while:
# send through bogofilter
:0HB:
* ? bogofilter  -l
/opt/bogofilter-spam/bogofilter-spam.