Non-zero exitcode (1) from "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter"

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Mar 25 23:13:26 CEST 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:31:48 -0400
dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:

...[snip]....

> Thanks all for the info and sound chastising about not reading the
> help files. It has been quite sometime since I read through the bogo
> faq and -h files.  Yes I have registerd messages incorrectly with
> the -Snv switch.   I keep copies of all my spam emails so Ive fed
> them back through with bogofilter -s .  Seems to be getting things
> back in whack.
>
> ddh
>
> --
> Dwayne Hottinger
> Network Administrator
> Harrisonburg City Public Schools

...[snip]....

Dwayne,

The following command will show your ham and spam message counts:

  bogoutil -w /path/to/wordlist.db .MSG_COUNT

On my mail server, the result is:

                 spam good
   .MSG_COUNT  483086 134377

If you have a ratio that's way out of whack, 'tis likely a sign of
trouble to come.  My message counts are high because I've been using
"-u" since it was implemented 4.5 yrs ago :->

Regards,