Non-zero exitcode (1) from "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter"

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Sun Mar 25 14:49:07 CEST 2007

Quoting David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com>:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:37:35 -0400
> dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:
>
>> Quoting dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us:
>>
>> > I have the following procmail recipe for bogofilter:
>> > # send through bogofilter
>> > :0HB:
>> > * ? /usr/local/bin/bogofilter -l
>> > /opt/bogofilter-spam/bogofilter-spam
>> >
>> > Worked until 1843 March 23.  At least that is the time on the last
>> > spam message in my bogofilter-spam box.  Watching the procmail log I
>> > see :
>> > procmail: Executing "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter,-l"
>> > procmail: Non-zero exitcode (1) from "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter"
>> > procmail: No match on "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -l"
>> >
>> > Where do I start looking for this problem?  Any ideas what could
>> > have gone wrong?  Everything else is flowing fine.
>> >
>> > ddh
>> >

>> Sorry to reply to my own post.  But it looks like my wordlist might
>> be out of whack.  I see this in my maillog:
>> Mar 24 18:29:33 mail bogofilter[12429]: X-Bogosity: No,
>> spamicity=0.000000, version=1.1.3
>> It looks to me like bogofilter is scoring everything, but nothing is
>> getting scored as spam.  I currently have users report emails as
>> spam, and emails as innocent.  Emails reported as spam I import with
>> a perl script:
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>>
>> print "Executing 'bogofilter -Nsv < /var/local/imp-spam' three
>> times\n"; `bogofilter -Nsv < /var/local/imp-spam`;
>> `bogofilter -Nsv < /var/local/imp-spam`;
>> `bogofilter -Nsv < /var/local/imp-spam`;
>>
>> print "Archiving imp-spam to /var/local/imp-spam-archive\n";
>> `cat /var/local/imp-spam >> /var/local/imp-spam-archive`;
>>
>> print "Clearing contents of /var/local/imp-spam\n";
>> `cat < /dev/null > /var/local/imp-spam`;
>>
>> Emails that are reported as innocent I import as:
>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>>
>> print "Executing 'bogofilter -Snv < /var/local/not-spam' three
>> times\n"; `bogofilter -Snv < /var/local/not-spam`;
>> `bogofilter -Snv < /var/local/not-spam`;
>> `bogofilter -Snv < /var/local/not-spam`;
>>
>> print "Archiving not-spam to /var/local/not-spam-archive\n";
>> `cat /var/local/not-spam >> /var/local/not-spam-archive`;
>>
>> print "Clearing contents of /var/local/imp-spam\n";
>> `cat < /dev/null > /var/local/not-spam`;
>>
>> Im guessing that bogofilter -Snv isnt the correct way to import
>> emails and have them scored as ham.  Is anyone else trying this?   My
>> users arent savy enough to have each one manage their own spam.   I
>> currently go through the messages reported as spam so that users
>> dont report the super (or me) as spam, then run the imp-spam.  This
>> has worked very well for perhaps 3 years.  I just added the report
>> as innocent option.
>>
>> ddh
>
> "-Sn" is the flag set to use when the message has previously been
> registered as spam and you wish to undo the spam registration and
> register the message as ham.  It's appropriate to use "-Sn" when
> [...]

THanks David,
What switches are recommended to feed bogofilter messages that are
ham?  I started using the -Snv to remove messages from bogofilter that
had been classified wrong.  When I started thinking about the classify
as innocent I thought it would work.  Wrong.  Instead of using
bogofilter -l, if I use -u all messages coming in will get fed into
the wordlist?

thanks,

ddh

--