Using the -u option and database size

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Thu Mar 22 20:50:42 CET 2007

Bill McClain wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:23:11 -0500
> Tom Anderson <tanderso at oac-design.com> wrote:
>

>>Of course bogofilter can already add a header.  It's called "X-Bogosity"
>>and the value is Unsure, Spam/Yes, Ham/No, or however you have it set in
>>your bogofilter.cf.  If your X-Bogosity is Unsure, then it was not
>>registered, otherwise it was.  Just do a simple regex.
>

> Not when using "-u" and "thresh_update". A message may be ham or spam and not
> registered.
>
> You could compare spamicity in "X-Bogosity" to the thresh_update value, if
> the script could handle floating point.
>
> -Bill

It is highly unlikely you'll ever have to correct anything that scores
0.009 or 0.991 (ie, thresh_update = 0.01).  In the very unlikely event
that you did, I can't imagine errantly running -N or -S would damage
your worldlist.  Remember that it's all statistical in the first place,
so adding a miniscule amount of noise in this way will not hurt you.  It
would only start causing problems if you set a very high thresh_update
value, which would defeat the purpose in using it in the first place.

Tom