Floating point errors?

Pavel Kankovsky peak at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Jul 23 22:29:44 CEST 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Ingomar Wesp wrote:

> For some reason, when manually marking spam or ham, bogofilter was
> always called with the -N and -S options respectively, even if the
> message was not previously registered at all.

Ugh. Perhaps Bogofilter should provide some protection against this kind
of mistake. Would it make sense to complain when a message that has never
been registered is being unregistered? (It would be quite easy to
implement imho: compute a hash of token list generated from the message,
turn it into a quasitoken like .MSG_COUNT, increment its count during
registration, check and decrement it during unregistration.)

> I assume that this lead to a condition where the individual spam count of
> several tokens were larger than the overall spam message count.

This is quite likely.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."