Floating point errors?

Ingomar Wesp wesp at inode.at
Tue Jul 17 12:53:34 CEST 2007

Hello, David.

> Sorry for the delayed response but I just got back from a week's
> vacation.

Ironically, I just returned from a trip, too. Thanks for responding at all.

> First, using the "-p" option will print the spam and good _counts_ and
> will also print the spam score. Second, add token ".MSG_COUNT" (with
> the dot but not the quotes) to the command line.

That hint is crucial. In the meantime and thanks to some help in usenet, I
figured that I had a misconfiguration in my MUA's filter settings. For some
reason, when manually marking spam or ham, bogofilter was always called with
the -N and -S options respectively, even if the message was not previously
registered at all.

I assume that this lead to a condition where the individual spam count of
several tokens were larger than the overall spam message count.

In the meantime I have corrected my filter settings and rebuilt my wordlist
from scratch.

Thank you again for your response.
Best regards,
Ingomar Wesp