bogoutil question

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 28 15:02:55 CET 2007

I'm still having problems with my set up.  I'd be grateful if you could
tell me whether I''m using bogoutil correctly.

If I do:-
bogoutil --db-verify wordlist.db
there is no output and
echo $? gives 0, suggesting that all is OK

However, if I do
db4.3_verify wordlist.db
I get
db_verify: checksum error: page 3098: catastrophic recovery required
db_verify: PANIC: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
db_verify: wordlist.db: pgin failed for page 3098
db_verify: wordlist.db: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
recovery db_verify: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
db_verify: dbenv->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
recovery

Thanks,
Richard
--