bogoutil question

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Feb 27 21:50:58 CET 2007

Pavel Kankovsky schrieb:
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> And I'm still wondering if we shouldn't just ditch the nontransactional
>> Berkeley DB mode. I'd think transactional mode should take care of many
>> database problems.
>
> Does the transactional mode support read-only access to the database?
> I mean true read-only access when write access to the files and
> directories of the db is denied by the operating system.

Sorry for having to contradict David's statement,
but that doesn't work, since Berkeley DB requires write access to be
able to join the environment in that situation, AFAIR this is due to
locking.

You can use SQLite3 (which is also ACID consistency capable out of the
box) in such situations.

Best regards,
Matthias