Which mail client is able to display spamicity values?

mouss mlist.only at free.fr
Thu Feb 8 22:29:51 CET 2007

Tom Anderson wrote:
> Tom Allison wrote:
>
>> You could always group your spam into folders based on:
>>  >0.9
>>  >0.8 & <= 0.9
>>  >0.7 & <= 0.8
>>
>> Which approximates the same thing.
>>

> That's basically what I do.
>
>  >0 & <=0.1 is ham
>  >0.1 & <=0.42 is unsure
>  >0.42 & <=0.6 is low prob spam
>  >0.6 & <=0.8 is mid prob spam
>  >0.8 & <=1.0 is high prob spam

I have abandoned such schemes because I find this is too much
"over-engineering". I now have
- normal folders: all mail that is not considered as spam goes here
(with classification based on various criterias, but this has nothing to
do with spamicity)
- Junk folder: mail that is probably spam goes here. this folder is
reviewed from time to time
- Junk/Trash folder: confirmed spam
- Junk/Error folder: FPs

The latter 2 are used for retraining.

I am not convinced that the "spamicity" is a rigourous measure. I
believe that the distance from 0.5 is important, but only when not far
from it. to be clear: there are only 3 cases: probably spam, probably
ham and unsure. saying that a message with 0.99 is more spammy than one
with 0.78 doesn't have sense to me.