Which mail client is able to display spamicity values?

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon Feb 5 17:41:16 CET 2007

Tom Allison wrote:

> You could always group your spam into folders based on:
>  >0.9
>  >0.8 & <= 0.9
>  >0.7 & <= 0.8
>
> Which approximates the same thing.

That's basically what I do.

 >0 & <=0.1 is ham
 >0.1 & <=0.42 is unsure
 >0.42 & <=0.6 is low prob spam
 >0.6 & <=0.8 is mid prob spam
 >0.8 & <=1.0 is high prob spam

This is actually better than sorting a single folder by spamicity I
think because if it's all in one folder, where do you stop scanning?  If
something pops into my unsure folder (around 3-5 per day), I normally
check it right away even though 99% of the time it's spam.  And I
usually look at each email body or at least many of them that aren't
obviously spam from the subject line.  I usually check the low prob
folder once a day scanning both sender and subject, the mid prob once
every 2-3 days quickly scanning senders, and the high prob maybe once a
week basically just glancing at senders as I quickly scroll down the
list.  I think this is the most efficient way for me to sort and
double-check my spam with the highest accuracy and timeliest recognition
of errors.

I'd like to look into setting up a milter to simply reject the >0.8 &
<=1.0 range though.  If there's a ham in that range (one in a billion
probability it would seem), it would be more efficient for the sender to
reword and resend than for me to scan this range weekly.

Tom