New version of bogofilter-milter.pl

Pedro R. Benito da Rocha pedro at ubu.es
Wed Aug 29 10:22:04 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to use bogofilter-milter.pl with dovecot and virtual users.
Currently bogofilter-milter.pl needs a valid user to work (in function
expand_recipient it uses getpwnam).

Can you implement a feature of "virtual user"? I mean by this to use a
"generic" user (configurable) instead of local machine users.
It could be useful for relays and machines with virtual users, using the
same configuration for all users.

And thank you for your program :)

    Pedro

Jonathan Kamens escribió:
> I've just submitted a new version of bogofilter-milter.pl to the
> bogofilter maintainers to be included in the next release.  I've
> attached it here as well, in case anyone needs the features I've added
> now.  The current version is always linked off of my home page,
> http://stuff.mit.edu/~jik/ <http://stuff.mit.edu/%7Ejik/>.  On a
> related note, there's also a neat graph at the bottom of my home page
> showing the number of spam messages that bogofilter blocks from my
> inbox per day vs. how many it lets through.
>
> The new features in the new version of bogofilter-milter.pl are:
>
>    * Support archival of spam messages in Cyrus IMAP mailboxes in
>      addition to the mbox files that were previously supported.
>    * Support address canonicalization using sendmail (useful for sites
>      that have a sendmail virtusertable).
>    * Support expiration of old entries in the cache of expanded
> addresses.
>
> These new features are explained in the comments in the configuration
> section at the top of the script.
>
> Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
>
> Enjoy!
>
>  jik

Pedro R. Benito da Rocha   -  Servicio de Informatica - Area de Sistemas
Universidad de Burgos (España) E-mail: pedro at ubu.es  Tel: +34 947258845