getting bogofilter feedback to the mail server.

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed Sep 20 18:11:17 CEST 2006

Tom Allison wrote:
> The thought is to take the filtering results from bogofilter, pull the
> 'Return-Path' header information from the spam and use that to insert
> blacklist/whitelist entries into the postfix server configuration.
>
> The idea is, with enough information on who is sending the spam, I should be
> able to block it entirely from the machine.  I'm still not sure if it's best to
> use the Received-by or Return-Path.

I don't know if there's something akin to a milter in Postfix, but I
would think it would be better to block mail based on a spamicity rather
than a straight blocklist.  I was thinking about using a milter where
only 0.95 and above are blocked (or maybe based on thresh_update).  The
rest would be allowed through (although still filtered) in order to scan
for false positives and perform autoupdating.

Tom