bogofilter 1.1.1 - New Stable Release

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Nov 26 16:46:24 CET 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:31:01 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> >Bogofilter v1.1.1 has new parsing options for setting the minimum
> >token length, maximum token length, max number of words per token
> >(pairs, triples, etc), and max length of a multi word token.  These
> >options are:
> >
> >      --min-token-len=N           min len for single tokens
> >      --max-token-len=N           max len for single tokens
> >      --max-multi-token-len=N     max len for multi-word tokens
> >      --multi-token-count=N       number of tokens per multi-word
> > token
>
> Since I already use arbitrary token-lenghts, I should use
> --min-token-len=1.
>
> http://www.bogofilter.org/man_page.shtml does not explain
> the use of the above options. What do you need to set for
> arbitrary token length?
>
> --multi-token-count=1 will be the traditional behavior,
> right?
>
> Can I set all these also in .bogofilter.cf?
>
> pi

Hi pi,

Welcome to 1.1.1!

The man page doesn't explicitly document bogofilter's long options.
Rather it directs users to bogofilter.cf.example for more info.  They
are all documented there and can all be specified in the config file
(or on the command line).  bogofilter.cf.example also indicates the
default value for each option.

"--min-token-len=1" will give you the single character tokens
you want and "--multi-token-count=1" gives the traditional behavior.

Regards,