New software uploaded [was: Problems with Asian Spam]

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed Nov 22 19:34:50 CET 2006

Nigel Henry wrote:
> Hi Tom. Bearing in mind that I'm processing mail directly downloaded to Kmail,
> how do I reprocess an unsure through bogofilter to see if it's now detected
> as spam, that is, after training bogofilter with the unsure.
>
> I'll have a look at bfproxy. Would this work in my situation, with mail
> processed by bogofilter which is directly downloaded to Kmail?

Not as easy to do directly from Kmail.  The model I use is to forward
emails as attachments to myself, which then sends it through the mail
server and procmail again.  I suppose you could put bfproxy or a similar
script in front of bogofilter within Kmail, since Kmail is essentially
acting like procmail in this case.  Alternatively, you could probably
rewrite a few lines so that it works on the command line.

Tom