Problems with Asian Spam

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 18:43:27 CET 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:05:47 -0500 dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
wrote:

> I wish there was
> someway to track down the spammers and pull their fingernails out ;-0.

A couple of years back, Orlando, Florida was hit by a hurricane and the
electricity was out for a few days. Although I live in London I had
reports from acquaintances that gave me a progress report on the state
of Orlando's electricity supply (mostly on the lines of "I spoke to X
on the phone and he says he'll reply to you emails when the
electricity's back up").

I wasn't using a spam filter at the time, but during the time that
Orlando was unelectrified (or whatever the appropriate adjective is) I
received very little in the way of spam.

You live closer to Orlando than I do, so perhaps you could take up the
search from there, :)

--
 All the best,
 John