Problems with Asian Spam

stefan stefan.geissler at theimagingsource.com
Wed Nov 22 14:23:15 CET 2006

 <dhottinger <at> harrisonburg.k12.va.us> writes:

> Thats what I do.  If a message is found as spam, it goes in a mailbox,
> user emails me and says her ticket reminder , order confirmation from
> ebay, etc. wasnt delivered.  I use pine, open mailbox (usually around
> 20 -25000 emails a day there) and search through all the emails to
> find it.  Then I forward a copy to user and a copy to me.  I then run
> bogofilter -Snv  < /mymailbox/, it seems to work fine.  But yes,
> bogofilter works extremely well.  The problem isnt the software I
> guess its the huge quantity of spam that we deal with everyday.  I
> process over 50000 emails a day for 725 users.  I wish there was
> someway to track down the spammers and pull their fingernails out ;-0.
>
> ddh

Ok, I have "only" 700 mails a day with 90% spam for only 4 users (its a CRM with
4 POP3 accounts.). Thus the ham mails have a clearly limited bunch of words,
thus it not too hard to classify the mails (except some Asian stuff). Thus my
problem is not as hard than yours. And I have no idea to help you.

Stefan