Problems with Asian Spam

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Wed Nov 22 13:41:30 CET 2006

Arrrrgh, I refuse to live with spam.  Must be an answer.  The one
thats got me concerned are the spams with the inline images and the
random text behind the images.  Bogofilter doesnt seem to catch those.
  Furthermore, Im not so sure that the random text (usually snippets
from some book) seem to be skewing my wordlist.  Im getting a few more
messages caught as spam that shouldnt be.  Although all of these are
ticket reminders, etc.  Which shouldnt be sent to my mail server by
users anyway.  If anyone has a good way to kill these spam messages
that would be great.

Quoting stefan <stefan.geissler at theimagingsource.com>:

> Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately I can not throw all Asian mails to
> /dev/null, because I also receive Asian HAM mails.
>
> I just found, that the Asian Spam mails that are not recognized as
> Spam can not
> be translated with sense . The Asian Spam mails that are correct
> recognized as
> Spam can be translated successfully by Google.
>
> At least most of these spam mails are classified as ham. I have trained
> bogofilter with hundreds of them to learn them as spam without
> success. I think
> I must learn to live with it.
>
> Thank you
> Stefan