Problems with Asian Spam

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Wed Nov 22 01:33:05 CET 2006

I keep following the list to see if anyone else has been having issues
with asian spam.  Im pulling some of it out with procmail.  But it
seems to keep flooding in.  If I understand this thread correctly, if
I have my encoding set to utf-8 (which I do) I should be catching it.
Is this correct?

thanks,
ddh

Quoting David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com>:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:57:26 +0100
> 'Stefan Geißler' wrote:
>
>> Hello David,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply. The version of bogofilter is 1.0.1 running
>> on Ubuntu 6.06 LAMP
>>
>> These are the settings:
>> encoding          = utf-8
>> charset-default   = iso-8859-1
>> replace-nonascii-characters = No
>>
>> I am not sure about the "unicode" setting, because it is not
>> displayed (even with "-QQ" or -C -Q), thus it is default. I never
>> changed it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Stefan
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> You're good to go!
>
> The unicode setting is "hidden" in the info above.  "encoding = utf-8"
> is synonymous with "unicode=yes".  Verifying the equivalence, I
> discovered that "unicode=no" doesn't work properly, hence have a minor
> change to the code (for anybody who really wants the 'raw' bytes of the
> message).
>
> Regards,
>
> David

Dwayne Hottinger