Problems with Asian Spam

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Nov 22 01:11:59 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:57:26 +0100
'Stefan Geißler' wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> Thank you for your reply. The version of bogofilter is 1.0.1 running
> on Ubuntu 6.06 LAMP
>
> These are the settings:
> encoding          = utf-8
> charset-default   = iso-8859-1
> replace-nonascii-characters = No
>
> I am not sure about the "unicode" setting, because it is not
> displayed (even with "-QQ" or -C -Q), thus it is default. I never
> changed it.
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

You're good to go!

The unicode setting is "hidden" in the info above.  "encoding = utf-8"
is synonymous with "unicode=yes".  Verifying the equivalence, I
discovered that "unicode=no" doesn't work properly, hence have a minor
change to the code (for anybody who really wants the 'raw' bytes of the
message).

Regards,