Cannot join environment?

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Tue Mar 28 04:50:57 CEST 2006

Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com> writes:

> Periodically, I run the following:
>
>   $ bogoutil -d wordlist.db > wordlist.txt
>
> Today, it produced this error:
>
>   bogoutil[9016]: cannot join environment: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH:
>   Database environment version mismatch
>
> Any thoughts?

I ran "bf_compact ~/.bogofilter". I saw this error again, but when I
ran the bogoutil command on the resultant database, the wordlist.txt
files that I created before and after the compaction were identical
(large, and looked OK). Running bogoutil or bf_compact again on the
new database were error-free.

It seems that the bf_compact method was an effective fix. Was it really?

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD